On 16th March 2016, the Forum entitled “New Social Contract” will take place at the Ukrainian House (2 Khreshchatyk Street, Kyiv City, Ukraine) from 9.00 a.m. to 3.00 p.m.
1) Launching a nationwide dialogue intended to start the constitutional process.
2) Providing the representation of public and social groups in a social dialogue.
3) Identifying the key principles of a social dialogue and the principles of the new Constitution, which reflect a broad social compromise.
4) Commencing the process of forming a common vision for the future of Ukraine and the Ukrainian State. Appealing to intellectuals and moral authorities to unite for the purpose of writing the terms of reference for a new social contract.
5) Creating an organizational model and structure of the dialogue as a tool for writing and adopting the new Constitution of Ukraine at the all-Ukrainian Referendum.
6) The overall result of this process should become the draft of the new Constitution, adopted at the Referendum after extensive discussion and created as a compromise of all the parties concerned, which will preserve the integrity and sovereignty of the country and provide impetus for Ukraine to turn into a powerful and modern state.
Organizers: the Civil Society Coalition “People’s Constitution”
Representatives of public sector/activists, local governments and science sector (teachers/postgraduates), journalists, politically active citizens, volunteers, representatives of volunteer battalions, business associations and labour unions, politicians and experts in Constitutional Law, human rights organizations, representatives of Embassies and others.
Website of the Coalition: http://www.national-constitution.org/
Phone numbers: +38 095 8784642; +38 073 1592842; +38 098 8893342